....Where to start, where to start....
There are many excuses I can use, and surprisingly all of them are valid and applicable....
There are many places I can set the blame, many things I can say to validate this loss of time....
But I won't, because that's lame to hear, excuses are stupid, (if you really really want to know then email me at our email address) just suffice it to say that we're back, well, I am back. I will not speak for the others as I feel inside that they are not intending to continue this, though they may wish to prove me wrong. It makes no difference whether they join or not, as I will continue posting, even if this blog so called "dies" again I will revive it, in a shanty in the Himalayas with Sherpas holding up wifi boosters in a line to the nearest city creating a link to the rest of the world. Poor Sherpas....
Anyways, heading straight into topic today, continuing the previous topic even though it is a Sunday.
Spam!
And by Spam I do not mean the delicious meat mixture created before World War Two that hasn't changed a bit since then. Who knows, we are probably eating the same Spam overstock from back then, it'll never go bad so....
I digress, The Spam I discuss tonight is the nasty kind that you get in your inbox or in your special spam file if you have gmail or hotmail (or even some of the lesser E-mail providers, though I don't mean to bash them) that slow down everything or have viruses or have really awkward subjects. This Spam is not tasty, in fact, it is very annoying as it can clog up servers and can be irritating.
First and foremost, I kind of mislead you at the beginning to create a connection and let you understand what spam is, but spam is not only for email. Spam can be found in any form of electronic communication and even can be applied to some other things like search engine spam. So to give the technical definition of Spam: Spam is an unsolicited indiscriminate proliferation of repetitive material. And then the basic one for all of those people out there who haven't read the dictionary (twice) is this: Spam is a bunch of the same stuff everywhere, as in when you are talking on a chat room and someone posts the word/name "Beth" four million times in one post, and then does it again. Does this not annoy you? Or you go to comment on something and you look at it and every other post is the same guy saying "visit my sight at blahblahblah.nobodycares.com" again and again. Or someone does that in a forum, or in a wiki, or has the same post or comment repeated in a blog repetitively. And then you get to the advertisements that are the same on every single site, and you have the same ones posted 8 times on one site. This is Spam too. Even things like repetitive junk faxes and repetitive sites on web searches or multiple instant messages are considered spam. One place I have noticed is a hot spot for spam is Facebook, and how could you not? It's perfect for Spam! covered in ads, requests of all kinds, comments, chats, messages, and more.
Spam can be used positively sometimes though, if there is a cause that needs to be supported, having everyone send the same message to a reporter or congressman etc. is a very effective means of getting heard, but I do not want a million dollars if I click here and I know that I am not the one millionth person on this site so I don't want this seizure inducing ad in my face everywhere.
The main thing to get out of this, and here's where I apply rules and make up new ones.... I mean take them from a very reliable source like W3C.... that's what I said, right? So basically rule eight and nine are the only rules that directly apply, the others of course apply to everything on the internet, but it is really hard to tie in trolling with spam, trust me, the first few drafts of this proved that to me. So because rule eight and nine are the only ones that directly apply, and because you haven't seen them in a post anywhere yet, I will proceed to pronounce them presently (alliteration for the win). Rule nine ties in with the the repetitiveness part of Spam in as much as rule nine states: once is usually enough, twice hammers it in, thrice is the final hit, the fourth time is just obnoxious bashing around. If you ever watch a carpenter at work, and my whole family is populated by them, you will know that it takes approximately three hits to drive in the average nail. One to start, one to sink, and one to make it flush. Anybody that does it more than that is either new and will learn with time and you just have to be patient, or is just obnoxious. Rule eight is that if it hurts anything, don't do it. Spam can both hurt servers, cause seizures, cause headaches, cause simple pure irritation or can even cause people to get hurt. Some times spam is used to lure people down to the docks and other shady places where they get murdered and or mugged by the senders. No, I am not joking. This has actually happened, many times. Don't Spam.
As I begin to wrap up this post, I would like to make a challenge, again. Sometime before March 16th (or 9th if I'm lucky and you don't procrastinate so I can make a subject even sooner) send a message to ticnag@gmail.com about what you would like the next subject to be:
Blogging
Pictures
Wikis
Hacking
General Failing
Or if you can think of anything else please send it to me and I will write about it.
Thanks as usual for listening or not, comment if you desire, or not. The rules are being compiled as it goes and will be ready by the end for the final post. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment or email us at our new address, maybe you can be the first to email us. If you want to make accusations or have any general complaints or see any errors, whether small grammatical errors or large continuity ones, please feel free to let us know.
Farewell and Valedictions,
The King of the Blog
No comments:
Post a Comment